To help senior citizens in their community, Made Men of Neodesha, in conjunction with Christ Church and the Ministerial Alliance, plan to prepare care packages that provide disinfectant, hand sanitizer, gloves, marks and fliers with printed prayers for seniors and work with the Fredonia Food Pantry project to provide help through March of next year.
More Community Action Plans
- Kansas Public Media Center: Friday Night Follies Beats the Virus to enhance the ability of people to remain connected via Zoom.
- Racquel’s Organization: Create videos of local health care professionals telling their stories to create an emotional response.
- KSRE Wild West District: To reduce grocery store foot traffic, this group will develop a campaign to raise awareness of a local grocery store app.
- K-State Extension – Barber County: Identify people who have tested positive as well as asymptomatic people and share their stories.
- Family Life Sunday School at East Heights UMC: Create and post yard signs to help reduce COVID fatigue and skepticism about the vaccine.
By the Numbers
Action Plans Created: 22
Action Plans Pending: 184
Kansas Beats the Virus is a partnership between the Kansas Leadership Center and the State of Kansas to activate KLC’s statewide network to generate local solutions that slow the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. The goal of the effort is to spark more than 1,000 small group meetings before the end of 2020.
Learn more about Kansas Beats the Virus and other action plans groups are developing.